Parish Hall Committee (March 2017)
Chairman: Len Davies
Vice: Mike Ceasar-Gordon
Treasurer: Peter Calston
Bookings & Hire Charges:
£5.00 per hour for (private hire not for profit)
£10.00 for commercial or profit making events
For parties, special events, weddings etc. charges by negotiation with the Committee
For bookings please contact: Linda Willis on 01288 341596
• We are looking to hold events more frequently to allow the hall to be extensively used and a notice board has been positioned externally to advertise such events.
• The Parish Hall also has a Facebook page that shows all forthcoming events and feed back from events held; please search and add us as a friend.
• The hall is licensed to sell alcohol from its fully stocked bar and is available to hire with the hall for Wedding Receptions, Parties or Special Events.
• It is also licensed for sporting events, live and recorded music, film viewing, dancing, amateur dramatics, plays etc.
• Our hall can be attractively and tastefully decorated with voile drapes on the ceiling and walls, and can be complimented to suit your colour choices (if possible) we have comfortable seating for evening gatherings, parties etc and formal chairs can be covered for weddings and special events and enhanced once again to suit your colour choice.
• We have a number of large tables for formal eating that will comfortably seat 8 people and card/cafe tables for parties or evening events. There is parking at the hall for about 25 cars if parked well however there is parking at the top of the playing field which can be agreed (weather permitting)
• We are very passionate about our hall and want to see it standing for many years to come, we would love to hold your event, and be of service to you. Our hall is unique in the fact that it is 'ROUND' which means for your party or special event no one can hide by standing in a corner as there aren't any!
• Contact us to come for a visit and view our welcoming surroundings
Over 80 people sat down to a celebration luncheon on Sunday 1st April to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the opening of the Parish Hall.
Rev Rob said the grace and after the meal, the present Chairman of the Parish Hall Committee, Len Davies, said a few words on the achievement of the parishioners over 40 years ago and mentioned the diversity of the usage of the hall during that time.
Following his speech he introduced David Martin who presented a 15-display onto a large screen recapping the story of the original Rectory Room and the tremendous fund-raising efforts of the village before the Grand Opening took place.
David Martin then introduced Rae Orchard, a long-standing Secretary of the Parish Hall Committe who highlighted several interesting facts about the efforts of the Committee in obtaining funds.